Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

D.I.Y bookcase

redracer01
Kind of a Big Deal

D.I.Y bookcase

Hello Everyone,

When my son started to collect books he liked, it got put everywhere inside drawers, under beds etc. I didn't want to spend money on a cheap book case and have it fall apart after a year. Seeing as I had some left over mdf panels and paint I told the boss that I would make him one! I tell you there was a lot of suggestions and some even involved carrot cake! ( talk about bribery! ). While all this was going on I built it and painted it. Next thing you know it was at the foot of his bed!

Cheers,

Red

Easy Peasy!Easy Peasy!

20200520_194152.jpg

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: D.I.Y bookcase

Please let us know any questions you might have, and we'll happily assist. I'm @redracer01 would be more than happy to let you know if there were any tricks or ways to make the job easier. Do you have a cordless driver? That would certainly assist you in building the unit.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: D.I.Y bookcase

Hello @Jenny_O 

As seen on my picture, I built the shelves first and attached the small timber supports (40mm x 200mm) at the bottom of each shelf one at each end. Once you have finished the shelves you can then attach it to the first side wall ( height will be at your discretion, I suppose depends on height of the books ) I got lucky as most of my sons books were not so tall. From there it will be just a matter of attaching the middle and bottom shelves, the other side wall and then 2 coats of paint. Looking at the plan you can form your own assembly process on which part you wish to tackle first. I suggest to plan it out in your mind and then take it step by step. We look forward to your project!

Cheers,

Red

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects