Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

DIY ballet barre

Alyce_Pham
Making a Splash

DIY ballet barre

thumbnail_IMG_3546.jpg

When redoing Savannah’s bedroom for her 10th birthday, one thing she asked for was her own little dance area. With a double bed, a desk, cube storage units and a set of draws, the available space for a dance area was pretty limited!

I decided to makeover her wardrobe and give her mirror sliding doors (doubling as her own dance mirrors) and try my hand at a little DIY for a ballet barre.

The project itself is really quite simple and thankfully I found Bunnings to actually have an amazing range of pieces perfect for the job!

Step 1

First step was to measure the width of space that I was going to build the ballet bar. To save space I opted for a wall mounted design.

Step 2

I got Savannah to stand facing the wall and pretend she was holding a barre so I could measure an estimated height the bar needed to be to ensure it wasn’t too short or too tall for her.

Step 3

A quick trip to Bunnings and I was able to purchase all the supplies. My shopping list included:

Step 4

Once home, the process really was quite simple. We cut the dowel to our desired length (ours is 80cm) and attached the two end caps.

Step 5

I checked the desired height again on the wall. I used a pencil to mark the positions for the brackets and then used screws to attach the brackets to the wall with a hand drill.

Step 6

The last step is screwing the dowel to the hand rails. I lined the dowel up to ensure it was centered and used the provided screws and a hand drill to attach the dowel to the brackets.

Step 7

The final step was to give it a quick wipe down and it was ready to use!

thumbnail_IMG_3354.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_3547.jpg

I hope you loved this simple and effective DIY Ballet Barre and feel free to drop any questions or comments below.

Alyce_Pham
Making a Splash

Re: DIY Ballet Barre

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: DIY ballet barre

Hello @Alyce_Pham

Thank you very much for sharing your excellent D.I.Y. Ballet Barr project. Let me tag @KatieC to make her aware of your fantastic project. 

We look forward to seeing your next creation.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
KatieC
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: DIY ballet barre

This is such a beautiful guide to creating a ballet barre at home @Alyce_Pham! You have done a spectacular job. Your daughter looks like she loves it too. Very well done!

Katie

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects