Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

DIY side table

lifestylebymari
Making a Splash

DIY side table

Hi everyone, 

Here is one of my first DIY and whole time favorite by many people. I inspired myself from an Australian Designer who creates the most beautiful items and DIY this side table from scratch. I love all the curves and variations of the table due to the timber. 

For the base of the table, I used an MDF board, cut it into 2 straight pieces for the bottom and 1 half curved piece for the top. I used the oak dowel to cover the whole table and a jute rope to cover around the half-circle trim. Finished off with a Satin Waterbased Clear Wood Varnish.

The end result totally exceed my expectation and couldn't be happier how it looks. 

IMG_1004.jpeg

A228AAEF-D09B-4262-B268-7CB1110FC743.jpegIMG_0074.jpegFinal ResultFinal Result

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: DIY Side Table

Hi @lifestylebymari

Every time I see this type of furniture, it reminds me of a tropical vacation. Thank you so much for sharing this amazing side table. The materials you've used give it such a natural feel. The angled pattern of the top provides a creative flair and cleverly breaks up the lines. I'm sure our members would be keen to give this side table a try. 

Again, thank you so much for sharing.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: DIY Side Table

Thank you so much for the feedback, it really has that coastal feeling to it. And couldn't agree more the details are what make this table to amazing. 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects