Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Daughter's room makeover - boho chic

TayaRoberts
Cultivating a Following

Daughter's room makeover - boho chic

hi guys new member here excited to share my journey so far wiuth you and see what you are all up to i have so much to show!! We have or rather are completely renovating our 1980's QLD home on the Gold Coast every single inch of the house is being turned over we are almost there, only the two bathrooms, laundry, kitchen and out door kitchen to go ..... that sounds like alot but so far we have renovated 3 bedrooms built a new master and home office out of the old dungeon garage and one spare room, renoavted my studio downstarirs which consists of two bedroom and a living area (I work form home) built an extension consisting of a new lounge room (yes lounge number 3 lol) new laundry and storage room, added an internal staircase, renovated hallway dinning and lounge upstairs, built a bocce/ potonk pit, fire pit, 50 square meters of decking, a pool and a home gym/pool cabana,new shed, replaced the entire driveway, repainted the whole exterior, replaced asbestos exterior cladding with colourbond steel and done both front and back gardens ..... may have forgotten a few things here hahaha .. but its still a work in prgoress two years on... this was my daughters bedroom makeover, wich i had taken proper before photos as the only ones i have are the realstete pics and of course we all know the difference between reality and realestste photos needless to say the room was not in the beofre condition the before photo makes it look like hahahaha

combination of ikea and kmart piecescombination of ikea and kmart piecesantler head on fabric back boardantler head on fabric back boardhand made cutain valance and dreamm catchers (hand died)hand made cutain valance and dreamm catchers (hand died)hand made quilt and cushions. wood look wallpaperhand made quilt and cushions. wood look wallpaperfinished productfinished productwish i had a better before photo this is from the realsetate sale and of course makes everything look way nicer than it actually waswish i had a better before photo this is from the realsetate sale and of course makes everything look way nicer than it actually was

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Daughter room makeover - boho chic

Wow, you certainly have been busy @TayaRoberts. We are looking forward to seeing some of the other rooms you have renovated. Your daughter must love her bedroom, it looks fantastic. 

I'm sure the Workshop community will be able to provide plenty of advice, information and inspiration for the projects and rooms still on your to-do list. Feel free to post whenever you need a hand with anything. 

Welcome to the community and please let me know if you ever need assistance getting the most from the site, or have any feedback about how we can improve Workshop for you. 

Thanks again for joining us and sharing some of your home with us.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
redracer01
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: Daughter's room makeover - boho chic

This is so magazine worthy! Amazing work fantastic design!

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

TayaRoberts
Cultivating a Following

Re: Daughter's room makeover - boho chic

thanks so much!! she loves it and her room has stayed pristine clean since we did it in november which is always an added bonus haha

TayaRoberts
Cultivating a Following

thankyou so much! i have so much to post haha but can wait to share its been a busy 2 years for sure this was just the tip of the iceburg and no structural work on these rooms just a refab, the rest of the house on the other hand... lots of work

Tara86
Amassing an Audience

What a fantastic job! I’m currently redoing (3rd time) my eldest bedroom and it’s amazing how much you notice the little things. Those little touches that really make the room feel complete.
The wallpaper - wow!! If I didn’t see your comment I’d have sworn it was real wood. Can’t wait to see more of your Reno’s :smile:

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects