Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Diagonal desk

Marie2
Just Starting Out

Diagonal desk

Hi 

I want to build a desk that will fit up against a diagonal wall (so it will not be a perfect rectangle shape)

Can anyone suggest the best wood to use for a desk that can be cut with a hand saw 

Thank you 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Diagonal desk

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Marie2. It's fabulous that you've joined us, and many thanks for your question.

You might like to upload some images of the area, so our members have a better idea of the diagonal wall you are working with. With some effort, all timber can be cut with a handsaw. If you choose a softwood like the Clear Pine FJ Laminated Panel 1800 x 600 x 18mm, you'll find it easier to cut than the hardwood options. We've seen many laminated timber panel desks contributed here within the community, and I trust they will be of great inspiration for your project.

You might like to read through these previous discussions:

You should also find this step-by-step article helpful: How to build a desk by @Peggers.

Please let me know if you need further information or had questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
redracer01
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: Diagonal desk

Hello @Marie2 

Is there any chance you can post a photo or perhaps draw on some paper even just a rough sketch what you want it to look like? We can then give you a more comprehensive suggestion on how to go about it.

Red

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects