Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Floating shelf for laptop station

hazesnow
Making a Splash

Floating shelf for laptop station

9FDAF871-993A-417C-8D61-8DC8E37B69D9.jpegSo I decided this space needed a little something!

It’s my husbands laptop station and Queen corner.....

Floating shelf made from plywood with the help of our oldest Grandson Hunta then oiled and beeswaxed!

5F02EB73-49E4-4C36-A97D-C7ADD390E442.jpeg

27C9ED3D-F9DD-4CAC-B482-A80FC88F73E6.jpeg

DD2DD5EC-B6A6-4DA5-96A4-E08DFA5F67D3.jpeg

15ABA11D-817B-4E0D-9D20-0916527A2A2A.jpeg

9FDAF871-993A-417C-8D61-8DC8E37B69D9.jpeg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Floating Shelf

That looks fantastic, @hazesnow. I'm very impressed with how you have constructed this floating shelf, and I trust our members would appreciate some additional details on how the mounting mechanism works. It reminds me of how our concealed bracket floating shelves mount. A mounting plate with extension legs is attached to the wall, and the shelf slips over it. Is that what you have created here? Is the inside of the shelf hollow, and the E shaped bracket slips inside it? Very ingenious indeed!

Many thanks for sharing, and well done.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: Floating Shelf

As you mentioned the E bracket is fixed to the wall and then the box slides over and is fixed in place with two screws from the top into the back brace if the bracket! 
It’s not perfect but perfect for the spot! 
🙏🙏

Old-gal24
Becoming a Leader

Re: Floating shelf for laptop station

Just love this blind shelf @hazesnow  that you have kindly shared with us...  But then I'm pretty crazy about timber...

This old gal

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects