Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Getting your kids into D.I.Y.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Getting your kids into D.I.Y.

KidsProject.png

Most of us would prefer if our kids were busy with a craft or gardening project instead of being glued to a television or computer screen. 

But how do you encourage your kids to get into D.I.Y. and build their skills, interest and confidence? 

Obviously the key is to make it fun. 

In the discussion below, please share your tips and strategies you've successfully used to get kids excited about making their own creations and growing their own plants. 

It would also be great to hear about projects that kids love to do.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Remarka6le
Amassing an Audience

Re: Getting your kids into D.I.Y.

Cheers @EricL , will definitely give that a try. 

list-note.gif

Remarka6le
Cocoplum
Building a Reputation

😂yes, I love this idea

kaiyajax
Just Starting Out

whats the time to arrive for D.I.Y Activities

What time to arrive at bunnings for kids D.I.Y KIDS ACTIVITIES 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: whats the time to arrive for D.I.Y Activities

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @kaiyajax. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about in-store kid's D.I.Y. activities.

In-store kid's workshops run every Saturday and Sunday. By contacting your nearest store, you'll be able to find out what time to arrive and information on what's on this weekend. Start times and activities can vary between stores, so it's best to speak with the store to confirm.

Please let me know if you have further questions or need assistance contacting your local store.

Mitchell

Akanksha
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

The school holidays are in full swing. How is everyone going keeping their kids entertained? Anyone completed any fun D.I.Y. projects with their kids or have any planned? Do share with us below. 

For anyone looking for ideas on how to get their kids into D.I.Y., this thread contains some great tips. I'd also suggest checking out these kids games and fun D.I.Y. activities shared by the Bunnings team.

Akanksha

Noyade
Kind of a Big Deal

Well - No.2 son and I will be repairing the wall he punched. Quality time together. 😁

Resized_20221102_171100.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Noyade

The damage does not look too bad, I believe you can use the same panels to repair the damage. I propose putting some timber supports inside the wall and screwing the broken pieces on top. Please make sure to post an update before painting the wall.

Eric

Cocoplum
Building a Reputation

20230114_090502.jpg

  

Hi @Jason 

Working on an art project for the final touches of upcoming reno

20230113_193146.jpg

Noyade
Kind of a Big Deal

Hey Eric @EricL 

"Please make sure to post an update before painting the wall."

I ended up using a multi-tool to cut a section out (it's fibro) and glue a sheet of wood to the back using the old 'string method'. Then a fibro cutter to create a graft to match the shape and thickness. All gaps filled.

This is prior to painting...

20230114_131826.jpg 

(Now - to organise anger-management classes)

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects