Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How and what latch to install on double sliding cavity door?

Erwin
Getting Established

How and what latch to install on double sliding cavity door?

Hi everyone. Complete newbie here and not very handy. 

How do I prevent the pets from accessing through this door? The latch or similar will have to be accessible on both sides so who ever is inside or outside can still open or close the door. 

I do hope I'm making sense. 

Thanks to all. 

20220124_104906.jpg

Screenshot_20220124-105146_Gallery.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How and what latch to install on double sliding cavity door?

Hello @Erwin

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's fabulous to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about your sliding cavity doors.

I recommend using the Gainsborough Satin Chrome Connecting Circular Sliding Cavity Door Set. I've double-checked with our provider to make sure that this unit has back to back opening features. It should work well with your current handles as it is a satin finish as well. Please note that this is a special order product and must be ordered at the special orders desk. If you need any assistance in ordering this product, please let us know.

Please keep us updated with your progress, we look forward to seeing your cavity sliders upgraded.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Erwin
Getting Established

Hi Eric.

Thanks so much for your reply. I shall get on to it. 

Much appreciated. 

Erwin :smile:

bradthumb
Cultivating a Following

Thanks, I have same pet problem with cavity sliding door. Just wasted my time staring at different products in two different Bunnings stores and none fit the bill. I should have come to Workshop first!

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @bradthumb

I'm glad this discussion helped solve your problem. Would it be possible for you to post a photo of your cavity door once you've installed the new lock? I'm sure our members would be keen to see what it looks like once installed. 

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

bradthumb
Cultivating a Following

20220502_201124.jpg

 Thanks again Eric. New cavity sliding door latch now installed and working beautifully. Thwarted dog now unable to open it (see photo) to attack soft toys inside and has now retreated back to core business of stealing shoes from near front door only.

Haha, love it @bradthumb. Your puppy is gorgeous. Many thanks for sharing. Great result!

Jason

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @bradthumb

Thank you so much for posting that photo of the new lock. It fits in very nicely and I'm glad you now have a measure of security against your very beautiful puppy.

If you have any other D.I.Y. questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects