Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How do I attach vinyl flooring to a brick wall to make a feature wall?

LadyHawke
Just Starting Out

How do I attach vinyl flooring to a brick wall to make a feature wall?

I've got a really ugly internal brick wall I'd like to modernise using timber planks. I thought the easiest/cheapest way to achieve the look I'm after is to attach this kind of hybrid vinyl planks: https://www.bunnings.com.au/smart-home-products-2-42m-arctic-aquaguard-waterproof-hybrid-planks_p014...

The wall is 6m x 2.34m. How do I prep the brick? How do I adhere the planks to the wall?

If anyone has suggestions for another suitable product, I'm all ears! Thanks!

4549C217-92A1-40AA-9370-DDB4DFBD3FA8_1_102_o.jpeg

1970653B-CF18-4149-AA79-38863F80DD06_1_102_a.jpeg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How do I attach vinyl flooring to a brick wall to make a feature wall?

Hello @LadyHawke 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's sensational to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about your brick wall.

The Smart Home Products 2.42m² Arctic Aquaguard Waterproof Hybrid Planks is a flooring product and not specifically designed to go on a vertical surface. 

If you were to attach such a product to your brick wall, I recommend lining the brick face with plywood first and fixing it in place with brick wall plugs, screws and adhesives. The purpose of the plywood is to give the brick face a flat surface. 

The flooring planks would then need to be glued directly to the plywood. Please note that such an application would probably void the warranty of the product. It is difficult to tell how the product will behave long term in such a configuration. 

The other options as are to use EasyVJ Panels, 12mm OSB timber panel, design panels and wallpaper.   

Here are examples of fantastic wall revamps our Workshop members have shared:

Let me call on our experienced members @prettyliving, @redbournreno and @daniknight4 for their recommendations.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects