Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to accomodate for light and power switches with VJ panelling?

GingerNinja
Cultivating a Following

How to accomodate for light and power switches with VJ panelling?

So after plenty of posts getting tips a few things will happen this long weekend.

First is our single VJ wall. It's going over the existing wall in a new room. Will remove the skirting and go from there.

My question is that I have 4 switches - 2 light switches, 2 powerpoints. Power will be isolated in the house while I work on the wall so that I can remove the cover plates.

So you guys suggest I unscrew the plate from the C Clip, cut a small hole in the JV that will allow it to slide through, and then mount like that? I really cannot afford a $200+ visit from my sparky again to remove them entirely. 

Clearly I wont be actually relocating the points on the wall or mucking with them, purely removing the font plate so that I can slide them diagonally through the hole in the panelling to remount.

Thanks

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to accomodate for light and power switches with VJ panelling?

Hi @MikeTNZ

Thank you for sharing your detailed recommendations. I believe that it is vital that local council rules in the area relating to electrical work be adhered to in order to avoid any future mishaps. 

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects