Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to add a curtain rod to these living space corners without drilling?

Elena2
Just Starting Out

How to add a curtain rod to these living space corners without drilling?

8DDFF62E-F9ED-492A-9F26-ACC4C2CAF733.jpeg

F6894520-10C3-433D-93CE-AD494C11A425.jpeg

4F2AE6A4-2C15-404E-BA96-3E6C2EA454BF.jpeg

Hi, I am staying in a student accommodation and want to change the living space into a room. But I don’t know how to provide a room divider to this space as it’s two corners and I dont think we are allowed to drill anything in here. Would be great if somebody could give me an idea on how to do it. 

  

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to add on a curtain rod to these living space corners without drill

Hello @Elena2 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's wonderful to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about changing the living space in your room.

Since you are not allowed to drill into your walls, I suggest thinking about creating temporary dividers instead. Generally, the dividers can be built using 42mm x 19mm pine in combination with screws and shade cloth. The frame would be about 1.8 meters high, and you can build it as a folding type or with legs. They can be joined together or built as a straight wall.

I've placed some images below to give you an idea of how you can build them. The best part is that it can be dismantled and taken with you to your next residence.

Let me call on our experienced members @Remarka6le, @diy_hausdesigns and @kellyyang for their recommendations.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects