Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to add legs to a bed?

rubyru
Just Starting Out

How to add legs to a bed?

My bed is very close to the ground and has draws at the sides and at the end, l am wanting to raise my bed so l can vacum under it and also be able to move it as it is very heavy.

I am looking at a threaded bed slide bed legs l am after suggestings if this would be the best for my bed for what l want to do also do l need to buy leg plates?

TheRenoDad
Having an Impact

Re: How to add legs to a bed?

Hi @rubyru 

Welcome to the Workshop Community!

Selecting what type of legs would depend on the height you want to raise it and the colour / look you are going for.

You could opt for a solution similar to the Brushed Nickel Round Table Leg which would lift in 230mm high and the fixing plate is included.

If you want the threaded wood look then you would buy the plate separately. Be sure to check where it can attach to  the frame and the weight capacity of the legs.

If you need further help, feel free to post a picture of the bed frame and the look you're going for.

Cheers,

Luke | @TheRenoDad 

Post may contain sponsored content
EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to add legs to a bed?

Hello @rubyru

Allow me to welcome you as well to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's fantastic to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about how to add legs to a bed.

It's great that you've received excellent advice from @TheRenoDad. Just to add to the suggestions made, I recommend using a vertical leg plate in combination with Adoored Pine Leg. This lets you choose leg height and leg style that will match the look of your bed frame. 

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects