Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to assemble Alfordson armchair accent chair?

JudyHawes
Just Starting Out

How to assemble Alfordson armchair accent chair?

I have purchased this beautiful Armchair from you However in putting it together there are two long screws that come up from the bottom and there are no holes in the fabric for these screws to go through. I am frightened to cut holes in the fabric but I don’t know how to move forward without doing so. Any advice would be warmly appreciated.

Also on the back right leg there are not enough holes and what is there doesn’t line up with the holes in the leg 

IMG_9099.jpeg

IMG_9098.jpeg

Armchair.png

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Alfordson Armchair Accent Chair

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @JudyHawes. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about assembling an armchair.

I'm sorry to hear there have been issues with assembling your chair, but we're keen to assist. Can I please request that you also send your question to the seller via the contact link provided in your confirmation order email? They are particularly knowledgeable about their products and would likely get back to you with an answer before we could troubleshoot it. 

Just to confirm, if you have a look at my image below, I've marked my interpretation of the holes and corresponding screws. Each leg has three short screws labelled E, and there are two longer screws labelled F for the backrest. Your image shows four holes at the top, and three are for the leg. Would the fourth hole not be for the longer screw and the backrest?

If you can clarify that for me, we can then work on why there would not be enough holes and why they do not line up for a leg.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects