Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to build a TV cabinet?

nagumuthu
Making a Splash

How to build a TV cabinet?

Hello Members

Below TV cabinet is a draft design, where it is intended to frame it with solid wood. Wondering on suitable Timber that last for all season through the year. Can Bunnings precut to the required size, once the design is finalized. Will there be any representative from Bunnings store, where I can work with them for getting the cabinet to reality. 

If above is possible, then the plan is to select suitable paint, accessories (Hinges, drawer slides, glass doors) at a later stage.

nagumuthu_0-1655634321369.png

Thanks

Muthu

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to build a TV cabinet?

Hi Muthu @nagumuthu,

Is this project going to be used inside your home? If so, untreated Pine boards or melamine would be a suitable construction material.

We do have a cutting service in-store, but it's typically used to cut down timber so you can transport it home. You shouldn't rely on the cuts being accurate to the exact millimetre as they can be off by a few. 

We don't have an In-Home service to assist with assembly. You might like to look towards sites like hipages to enlist the assistance of a professional cabinet maker. Or, if you wanted to give it a go yourself, I trust our helpful members will be keen to provide advice.

Below I've put a couple of rendering together to get you started. Hopefully, they'll assist whilst you are in the planning stage.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

Doors.png

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects