Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to build a frame for a world map?

Raju
Growing in Experience

How to build a frame for a world map?

I need to install my newly procured "wooden World Map" on a suitable Frame of a large dimension, which is not available readily in Bunnings.

I do not want to install on a wall. Hence, the task of DIY Frame is challenging! Could anyone suggest how to make the Frame? 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Frame for Wooden World Map Installation

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Raju. It's marvellous to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about creating a custom picture frame.

I'd encourage you to check out this helpful step-by-step guide on How to make a D.I.Y. picture frame. I trust it will give you a great understanding of how to go about the project. 

We have a range of timber frame mouldings to choose from. You'll also need some material for the backing board, corner reinforcements, PVA glue and a mitre box and saw.

Please let me know if you have any questions or need further assistance.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Raju
Growing in Experience

Hi Mitchell,

Thank you for your kind response.

My frame size is around 150 Centimeter by 90 Centimeter, a bit huge frame to hold the world map!  KIndly let me know what type of wood to select for the frame and where can I get the same. Also, is it possible to attend Bunnings workshop to learn the technical details in making the frame and when shall I be able to attend & in which store? I am a Mechanical Engineer and I reside in Glen Waverley.

Warm regards

Raju Y N 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Raju,

To make a frame of that size, you'd need three lengths of this moulding. You'll also need a backing board of at least 150 x 90cm, so this 240 x 120cm panel would be big enough. You'll need it cut down to size. You will also need to purchase a mitre box and saw to cut your frame moulding to the correct length, as our saws cannot do mitre cuts.

There are no physical workshops to attend on constructing a frame. Please have a look at the step-by-step guide I posted above and let me know if you have any questions I can assist with.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects