Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to build a tiled cube side table?

AshleighWright
Just Starting Out

How to build a tiled cube side table?

Hi there, I want to DIY make 2 or 3 cube display side tables. These will be for my boutique so I want different heights. How is the best way to go about this? I have attached some photos as inspo. I really want to do pink tiles - or white with pink grout?

No idea where to start... do I build the cubes myself too? What materials? And what tiles? Need to make sure that there are no tiles that have to be cut in half on the edges as I would like all tiles to be in their original square shape. Thanks!

7ac741ff53000a90ee55113940398463.jpegec70dd9edd39ca9b7b916b182c9c6956.jpeg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Tiled Cube Side Table

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @AshleighWright. It's sensational that you've joined us, and many thanks for your question about constructing tiled tables.

I suggest you start by having a read-through @lifestylebymari's post on their Tiled side table. They give a really comprehensive overview of how you can achieve this look. Some other topics of interest would be: DIY tiled desk by @SaraD0510  and How to make this DIY tiled desk? by @gvrgvm. I'm sure you'll find plenty of information to get you started.

The basic premise would be to construct cubes out of 16mm MDF. These can be glued and screwed together. To be no cutting of tiles, you'll need to construct the cubes to suit the tile sheet sizes. For instance, if you use our Decor8 Tiles 30 x 30cm White Como Square Carrara Porcelain Mosaic Tile tiled sheets, you should make your MDF cube 295 x 295 x 295mm. The difference of 5mm will be made up with the thickness of the grout.

If you need any assistance getting started or have questions, feel free to reach out.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects