Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to build oak wall panelling with grey backfelt?

brendanlove
Getting Established

How to build oak wall panelling with grey backfelt?

brendanlove
Getting Established

Re: oak wall panelling with grey backfelt

Seeking ideas on if there is anything pre-made product to get this wall finish behind a bed?

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How to build oak wall panelling with grey backfelt?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @brendanlove. We trust you'll get loads of helpful advice and inspiration from our clever and creative community members for this project and many others around the house and garden.

Let me tag @EricL@Tara86@prettyliving and @ProjectPete to see how they would go about replicating the design you have shared. 

Looking forward to seeing what you can do in your own home.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @brendanlove

Thank you for sharing that question about the Oak wall panelling with grey back felt. I've seen this product on various design sites. The closest way to get the look is by using a 2400 x 1200mm 12mm Lining Panel White MDF Primed Batten 25mm. However, it isn't exactly the same product. The Laminex panel is painted all white and is mitred to look like it has timbre panelling. I suggest painting the whole panel in your wall colour and then painting the raised panelling in a different colour to create contrast.

Another method is to use plywood or timber panels. However, you'll need to use a table saw to cut it into 30mm strips. The drawback to using plywood is that it has a limit as to how thin it can be cut before it starts to delaminate. Unfortunately, none of these products has the acoustic back felt. 

The easiest method would be to use pine trim. It is pre-cut and all you need to do is to attach it to your wall. However, among the three using pine trim is more expensive than the first two options I mentioned.

Please keep us updated with your progress, we look forward to seeing the start of your wall panelling project.

If you need more advice or information, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
brendanlove
Getting Established

@EricL  much appreciated, thanks for your reply!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects