Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to build this tv console cheaply?

chloedeho
Finding My Feet

How to build this tv console cheaply?

Hey all, my partner and I are wanting to build an open tv console (as pictured in the drawing), the measurements would be approximate as we will be tiling it after building, my partner and I are very new to this but thought it would be a fun lockdown project.

I am wondering what materials would be best to do this cheaply and efficiently! Any suggestions or help is welcome! Thanks.

Screen Shot 2021-09-29 at 11.55.43 am.png

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to build this tv console cheaply?

Welcome to the Bunnings workshop community @chloedeho. Thank you so much for joining us and sharing your question about building a tv console cheaply.

This particular cabinet look is currently very popular. Tiling over the frame is such a unique feature and gives it a very solid look. I suggest using 70 x 35mm MGP10 UT Pine Timber Framing - Linear Metre or similar sized timber for the frame. I recommend CustomWood MDF 2400 x 1200 x 12mm Standard MDF Panel to cover the entire structure. I've placed a diagram below to help you put it together.

Please keep us updated with your progress, we look forward to seeing your tv console once it's complete.

Here is a link to one of our featured projects: Tiled side table by @lifestylebymari

If you need further advice or information, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: How to build this tv console cheaply?

Thank you so much for this!! So helpful! I will be sure to post a picture once it’s finished! 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects