Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to change the ceiling fans?

Sugar
Having an Impact

How to change the ceiling fans?

Hi folks, 

This is going to be another new electrical project in my house. I have just recently finished this project: https://www.workshop.bunnings.com.au/t5/Whole-of-House/Can-I-change-this-downlight/m-p/76476#M10353

I am going to change 3 ceiling fans. These are 3 blades ordinary fans. Following is the image of the fan. 

237071974_254369156348698_4225746810595466661_n.jpg

These are from G.E.C.brand - must be very old style one. 

All of these fans have got speed controllers dial as well. 

Since these fans are making sound and look little older, I am planning to change to something with lights on it and controlled by remote controller. This might change the look of my house also. 

If I get a fan with a remote controller, what happens to the existing speed dial? or the fan will be controlled by both its own remote controller and the existing speed dial? or do I have to do some modification on the existing speed dial?

I am doing research but if you have any particular type of ceiling fan on top of your head that fits my purpose, please suggest me. 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to change the ceiling fans?

Hello @Sugar

Thank you for sharing your question about changing your ceiling fans.

I recommend using the Arlec 130cm White 4 Blade Grid Connect Smart DC Ceiling Fan With LED Light And Remote. It can be controlled by W-Fi, uses dimmable LED lights, has the summer and winter reverse function, and comes with a six-speed remote control with a timer. Please note that you will need a registered electrician to install this fan. I suggest asking the electrician if the old speed controllers will be of any use or if you need to put a new set for your new ceiling fan. It sounds like a fantastic upgrade for your house, we would be keen to see the new fans once they are installed.

Here is a link to our ceiling fan installation service: Ceiling Fan Installation

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Sugar
Having an Impact

Re: How to change the ceiling fans?

@EricL Thank you for your recommendation. I have been researching for a while and I will surely get in touch with one licensed electrician to do it for me.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects