Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to install VJ panelling?

robsos
Getting Established

How to install VJ panelling?

My walls need a paint job but I want to install VJ panelling. I am not great when it comes to power tools and measurements. How do I do this as a beginner? It looks easy to install but I have never used a circular saw to cut the panels to the desired width. 

Would love some advice. It's seems daunting but I want to give my home a new look.  

Thanks

JacobZ95
Growing in Experience

Re: How to install VJ panelling?

Hi @robsos,

The place to start might be this handy video series from the manufacturers of EasyVJ (Bunnings supplier for these style of products)

Easycraft DIY 1 - Installing easyVJ to an existing wall with Kyal & Kara 

Their Youtube page has a number of informative videos that can give you an idea of where to begin.

Good luck!

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @robsos,

It's great to see that @JacobZ95 has already provided a link to the installation instructions.

You should only have to perform one cut on the last board to trim it to size. Getting to know your circular saw and doing some practice cuts before committing to your sheet is best. Clamping a piece of guide timber to the sheet will help keep your cut straight over the length by running the bottom plate of the circular saw along it. Any deviations or rough edges can be sanded after your cut.

Here's a helpful guide: The D.I.Y. guide to the circular saw.

When measuring the width of your last sheet, check the bottom and the top of the wall, as there can be a difference between the two.

Let me mention a few of our talented members who have completed this type of project, @craftyhopper, @sammilne, @TheRenoDad and @EleventhCoastal to see if they have any advice.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
robsos
Getting Established

Thank you Mitchell for the helpful tips. 

robsos
Getting Established

Thank you jzubrinich. 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects