Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to install castellated ceiling lining board?

mann
Getting Established

How to install castellated ceiling lining board?

Hi,

I want to make my tv wall like this 

mann_0-1651205922687.png

and planning to use the castellated claddding 

https://www.bunnings.com.au/210-x-21mm-4-8m-tas-oak-castellated-ceiling-lining-board-composite-timbe...

How can i install it?

Thanks

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to install castellated ceiling lining board?

Hello @mann

Thank you for sharing your question bout the 210 x 21mm 4.8m Tas Oak Castellated Ceiling Lining Board Composite Timber - 4 Pack. Your proposed plan of installing it as a background feature can be done. However, I suggest mounting the TV bracket directly to your wall instead of the Castellated Lining. The lining board is a composite product and is hollow and will therefore not be a good base to screw into.

In order to assist you further, I've sent you an email with the installation brochure attached. I suggest installing your TV bracket first before you install the lining board. This will then make it a lot easier as you can just cut the lining to fit the bracket rather than the other way around. 

The installation method is straightforward and only requires you to use countersunk screws to drill the lining board into your wall. The lining panels go over each other providing a seamless look and at the same time hiding the screws you used.   

Here is a handy discussion that will help - How to wall-mount a heavy 75-inch 40kg TV by @Sugar

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects