Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to paint furniture? French provincial look

robynboag
Just Starting Out

How to paint furniture? French provincial look

Tall boy and Ladder ChairTall boy and Ladder Chair

Side tables x2Side tables x2

Wanting to be french provincial look.  Wanting to paint 2 bedside tables and tallboy

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to paint furniture? French provincial look

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @robynboag. It's a pleasure to have you join us, and many thanks for your questions about painting furniture.

If you didn't want to sand all the coating off before painting, I suggest you use a primer suitable for shiny and hard to paint surfaces like Dulux 1L PRECISION Maximum Strength Adhesion Primer White. This will save a lot of effort. You could either use a water-based enamel for the topcoat, or you might like to check out our range of chalk effect paints. Either of these paints can be rubbed back to create a distressed look. Here's a step-by-step guide about antiquing: How to distress painted furniture

You should find this step-by-step guide useful: How to upcycle almost anything with paint. By sure to also check out @craftyhopper's excellent Upcycled painted buffet for inspiration.

I'd also recommend you have a look at our range of cabinet handles. They'll certainly add that finishing touch to your project.

Please let me know if you have any questions and I look forward to seeing your results.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects