Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to soundproof a room on a budget?

Deano1
Cultivating a Following

How to soundproof a room on a budget?

Hi, juzt wondering if anyone has any advice, tips &/or hacks on how to soundproof a bedroom on a budget.

Thankz, Dean 

Akanksha
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: How to soundproof a room on a budget?

Hello @Deano1,

Would it be possible to post photos of the bedroom in question? That would help our resident D.I.Y. Bunnings expert @MitchellMc and other members get a better idea of what you're dealing with and enable them to provide more helpful suggestions.

Have you had a look at experienced renovator @Adam_W's guide How to soundproof your home? It contains useful tips that can get you started. 

We also have a Best Advice article on How to soundproof a bedroom which might come in handy.

You might also like to have a read through these previous topics on a similar subject in case they help: 

Akanksha

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Deano1
Cultivating a Following

Hi Akanksha,

Thank u so much for the ideas, advice & other sources to check out, very very helpful. I'm currently renovating my whole unit ( Trying 2 ) & I haven't really started the room in question yet & basically there is stuff everywhere 😅 but as soon as it'z ready 2 go, I will post photos 2 give a better idea of what I'm hoping to create in it, again thank u for ur help, truly appreciated.

Dean.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Keep us updated @Deano1, as we're here to assist.

Mitchell

Deano1
Cultivating a Following

Hi Mitchell & Akanksha, it's all going pretty well, I think 🤔, slowly but surely, will definitely keep u updated, as well as do some photos, all the tips & advice really helps, thanks heapz. Dean.

Akanksha
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Sounds great, @Deano1. We look forward to seeing the photos. 

Akanksha

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects