Workshop
Start a discussion

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to stop window condensation?

Thierry
Junior Contributor

How to stop window condensation?

Hi 

During the cold season my huge window glasses have condensation issues in the rooms.

Water is dripping and can cause molding issues on the wood.

Just wondering if there's any sealant or advice to address these issues

IMG20220601075633.jpg

Thanks

Thierry

Noyade
Trusted Contributor

Re: window condensation issue

Afternoon Thierry.

You got me running to my windows!

Mine are very old aluminium windows - but there is a channel that catches dripping condensation and releases it outside through small holes.

I know I have had your problem above - but it was due to the outlet holes being clogged up. Once un-clogged, problem solved.

But I can't quite make out the channel system in your photo above?

20220601_132655.jpg

(PS - I am not a glazier. I have limited knowledge with windows)

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to stop window condensation?

Hello @Thierry

Thanks for sharing your question about condensation on your windows. I suggest having a quick look at this discussion - Condensation issue: My windows are swimming in winter. by @DCS. One of the main causes of condensation on your windows and in your house is trapped moisture and lack of air movement. If you're currently using an unflued LPG heater it produces a lot of carbon dioxide that mixes with the water vapour in the air and that produces condensation.

I recommend providing a point of exit for the air and moisture that's present in the room. Keep the doors open and perhaps leave a window slightly open to allow air to circulate. 

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.  

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects