Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Kids bedroom with reading nook and desk

TheSparrowHome
Having an Impact

Kids bedroom with reading nook and desk

A kids bedroom makeover to stand the test of time! 

Steps

Step 1

Reading Nook with Flexistorage Cube Unit and Photo Shelves. 

IMG_5404.jpeg

Step 2

Feature Wall with Wallpaper and MDF Wainscoting. Paint: Vintage Denim by British Paints. 

IMG_8945.jpeg

Step 3

Custom Built Desk using Flexistorage Cube Units, Inserts and Specrite Timber. 

IMG_1575.jpeg

Akanksha
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: Kids bedroom with reading nook and desk

Hello @TheSparrowHome,

Congratulations on your terrific bedroom makeover. You've created a fun and functional space that I'm sure your kids will love. Being a mum to a messy toddler myself, I personally love how you've maximised storage space in the room to keep everything organised and neat. That reading nook is also a great idea!

What advice would you give to anyone looking to design or renovate their own kids' bedrooms? Any particular factors to keep in mind?

Well done once again and I can't wait to see what project you tackle next. 

Akanksha 

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

My top piece of advice would be to use as much wall space as you can and leave plenty of floorspace for play. This could mean wall storage like ours or a functional bunkbed setup or even hanging storage from the ceiling. And have fun, it’s meant to be a fun space.

Great advice. Thanks for sharing, @TheSparrowHome 

Akanksha

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Dave-1
Home Improvement Guru

Good Afternoon @TheSparrowHome 

Congratulations! :laugh: You can see why as soon as you look at the room. I love how you have used the cover strips for th wall and how they blend it together so well. I am constantly supprised at how people come up with ideas. It looks like a modern bedroom that would be relaxing to stay in! What wallpaper/artwork is that tree and hill painting?

Nice work.

Dave

Thanks so much Dave. It definitely packs a punch but in a calm serene way. It’s actually called Misty Scenery from Photowall of Sweden which I think is such a fitting name. 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects