Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Long desktops over storage drawers

LePallet
Amassing an Audience

Long desktops over storage drawers

Here I Have installed two long desk tops over these awesome storage drawers which in this case holding a lot of Leggo + Dolls. 

77432958-CC95-4253-A705-7C153BD0AD6E.jpeg

D00ADD84-2B2C-47E2-9390-C723DB8CBC03.jpeg

C0D151FE-E5A0-40FB-A5F9-538037188523.jpeg

I also hung the shelves on the wall which is such a great idea for storage. These are purchased from IKEA but I have made both Victorian Ash timber tops purchased from Bunnings.

One desk measures at 3.0m x 450mm

The other measuring at 3.5m x 450mm.

I had to have a join in the tops which had to be fixed and glued whist it was in the rooms

as i could not of got them through the door. The sheets I purchased were 2.4m x 900mm which I then cut them directly down the middle and 

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: looooong kids desk tops

Looks great and offers loads of new storage, which with kids toys you can never get enough of! 

Many thanks for sharing your latest handiwork @LePallet. I have featured it on our Project Gallery as I'm sure it will inspire plenty of other Bunnings Workshop community members to do something similar.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Prawns
Becoming a Leader

Re: Long desktops over storage drawers

Gotta be happy with that! Love the storage ideas too :smile: 

JDE
Becoming a Leader

LePallet

Love what you have done. Im curious about the Ikea storage units. As about to fit out wifes art studio and thinking of similar thing Are they well built or a bit flimsy could save me making them myself? JDE

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

That not only looks fantastic, but that storage is phenomenal. I've never really paid much attention to great storage ideas, but with a two-year-old and a bub on the way, it's now a priority. Many thanks for sharing and the inspiration, as I'll hopefully build something similar.

Well done.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects