Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Makeover of a 20 year old 8 seater dining setting

Oddchair22
Building a Reputation

Makeover of a 20 year old 8 seater dining setting

391DB440-0EA2-48CD-86D4-013011FCA8D3.jpeg315A5772-75AA-4209-8A13-DF80D794B7AD.jpegC370F395-C42A-49DA-AB4E-D74F967017F1.jpeg5A0C796C-A39F-4061-A9E1-94C8FE1FB773.jpegThis was an old and run down hard wood table and 8 chairs that needed a total makeover.

The top of the table was sanded back to raw wood revealing the lovely unusual wood grain. It was sealed with  two coats ofTimber protect satin finish clear varnish.

The rest of the table was sealed with two coats of BIN zinser to prevent bleed through and cause yellow staining, followed by three coats of Taubmans Milk Cloud just the prefect warm white and then all sealed with two coats of Timber protect satin clear varnish.

Each chair was slightly sanded to remove any peeling old varnish followed by tow coats of BIN zinzser and three coats of Milk cloud and lastly sealed with two coats of Timber Protect Clear Varnish.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Makeover of a 20 year old 8 seater dining setting

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Oddchair22. It's marvellous to have you join us, and many thanks for sharing this amazing project.

What a stunning rejuvenation! That top has come up exceptionally nicely, and I love the white you've chosen as it compliments the timber well.

Many thanks for sharing, as I trust your project will provide our members with some fantastic inspiration.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: Makeover of a 20 year old 8 seater dining setting

Thank you for your lovely comments upcycling is my passion and always excited what my next piece will bring 😍

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects