Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Making a Rustic Ladder hanging wardrobe

TheFlyingKiwi
Just Starting Out

Making a Rustic Ladder hanging wardrobe

Hi Guys and Gals,

I am building an open hanging space for our bedroom. It involves two old antique ladders on each side, with repurposed floorboards as shelves joining them on the bottom coinciding rungs of the ladders. The same idea on the top. All the floorboards are of varying lengths and are tongue and groove. In order to join them all lengthways, I think I need to patch them all underneath. Would I have to make these patches extend the width of all the floorboards, or between each join? Please let me know if you would like me to upload pics for a better context. 

Mathy
Becoming a Leader

Re: Making a Rustic Ladder hanging wardrobe

Hi @TheFlyingKiwi and welcome :smile: I feel that pics and measurements would be useful. I’ve got a picture of what you’re trying to do, but distances to span would be helpful. Also, this would be good for any others who want to respond, cheers Deb :smile:

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Making a Rustic Ladder hanging wardrobe

Hi @TheFlyingKiwi,

Photos always help other members! Please let me know if you have any trouble sharing some pics.

A very warm welcome to the Workshop community. We're really pleased you could join us and look forward to seeing your creation come to life! Feel free to post anytime you have something to share or need a hand.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects