Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Mosaic plinth side table

lauraahearn
Building a Reputation

Mosaic plinth side table

E69A7C29-E661-4C49-B451-F27B454E4592.jpeg

Loved making this! I used Bunnings 16mm MDF cut into 29.5 x 60 cm pieces x4, plus the top section which I added toward the end. Using terrazzo tile X6 pack (smashed into pieces) Selleys hold up and Davco grout, it came together so nicely. Really happy with the result 🥰

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Mosaic plinth side table

Hello @lauraahearn

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's wonderful to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your mosaic plinth side table project.

What a stunning side table project. I've not seen the smashed tile technique applied to an appliance. You often see the standard tile squares on these types of projects. It must have been a challenge to keep the sides nice and square and at the same time keep it chaotic but in an orderly straight manner. Did it take a lot of time to get the pattern layout correct? 

If you have any other projects you would like to share, please don't hesitate to post them.

Again, thank you for sharing the photo and materials that you used to build your mosaic plinth side table.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
lauraahearn
Building a Reputation

Thanks Eric. 

i do have further projects (smaller) that I have completed which I’m happy to share! My next project is a console table using my leftover tiles from this project 😀

Wonderful work @lauraahearn! Is this to be an inside or outside piece? It would work equally well in either location, and I'd love to see any styling you do surrounding it.

Thanks for sharing, and I look forward to seeing that console table.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Tyro
Becoming a Leader

Hi @lauraahearn that is a gorgeous table!  My project list is massive but I think it's just grown!  Thank you for sharing this! 👏

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects