Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Need a reusable hollow wall achor for curtain rail

GingerNinja
Cultivating a Following

Need a reusable hollow wall achor for curtain rail

Hey team I am mounting a curtain rail using the below flange. I need to be able to take the rod down on occassion to wash the curtain so need hollow wall anchors where I can unscrew the external screws (take down the rod), and put the flange back up again. 

going through just plasterboard. Wondering if I could get some help - as I am sure standard nylon wall plugs wont like the screw going in and out again and still holding well?

Thanks

Ben

https://www.bunnings.com.au/sandleford-25mm-black-rod-fitting-oval-flange-2-pack_p0011380

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: reusable hollow wall achor

Hi @GingerNinja

Can the curtain rod be mounted on the wall using Windoware 25/28mm Curtain Rod Single Bracket - 2 Pack? It would make taking the curtain rod off easier and avoid having to unscrew the fittings. If that's not possible then, I suggest using Ramset 16mm Hollow Wall Anchor - 4 Pack. Being made of steel it should be stronger than wall mates and will be ok with the constant installation/removal cycle. But please take note not to over tighten to prevent damaging the plasterboard wall. 

Although it will work in the meantime, the constant movement will eventually loosen the hollow wall anchors. Are there any other alternatives as a possible anchor point for your curtain rod? 

Let me tag our experienced members @prettyliving and @craftyhopper for their recommendations. 

Please keep us updated with your progress, we look forward to seeing your curtain rod installed.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
GingerNinja
Cultivating a Following

Thank you :smile:

Its to create a cover for a walk in wardrobe where it will sit flat against an installed shelf to create a barrier similar to sliding doors, but without the doors similar to the below. We're using a shower curtain so that it doesn't collect dust and is more washable as my wife doesn't like dust and gets allergies. The reason for the mount in the sides is to create a closed space with no gap between the curtain and the shelf. if we were to use normal brackets there would be a few cms gap which will increase dust inside the curtain and therefore on the clothes. 

GingerNinja_0-1648605221139.png

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @GingerNinja

Oh wow! That walk-in closet looks fantastic! That shag carpet looks so soft to walk on. The ottoman is perfect for that space. Thank you so much for sharing that photo. I can understand why you would want to protect the area from dust getting in. I agree with your idea as it will provide an adequate seal against dust.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric   

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects