Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Need help with building a wooden frame

mirza
Finding My Feet

Need help with building a wooden frame

Hello Dear Respected members.

I am new in your workshop.

I just need your help and advise if you can. I want make a wooden frame see in photo. I haven't any experience but also I haven't money to make from professional. So I am trying my self. I was looking wood then I saw this bunning workshop. Any advise any suggestions will be appreciate.

What kind of wood I need.

How to put with the wall.( Wall is brick type)

What type of color I need of it....etc

20201111_151719.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Need help with building a wooden frame

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @mirza. It's fantastic to have you join us and many thanks for your questions.

The wooden frame that you have indicated has been built by professional shopfitters. It is quite possibly a timber stud frame which has been plaster sheeted over.

It would be helpful if you could draw a diagram showing the sizes of what you want your frame to be. Please include the width, height, depth and thickness of the panels. If you were happy with thin panels you could make the whole unit from CustomPine. Alternatively, if you wanted to build it from timber 240 x 45mm MGP10 Untreated Pine Timber Framing - Linear Metre might be suitable.

We look forward to hearing more about your project and offering some great solutions on how to complete it.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hello Dear

20201112_171315.jpg

20201112_171930.jpg

20201113_172615.jpg

20201114_140446.jpg

20201114_142021.jpg

Hello Dear Mitchell 

20201115_201427.jpg

20201116_203212.jpg

Hello Dear Mitchell 

@Mitchell

Thanks for your advise.

I sort out things.

Know I need your help for Paint.

What is steps for Paint on MDF.

I haven't any Ideia about paint.

So your advise will help me.

I do holes filler and and sanding. I want paint looks professional.

So please help me.

Thanks

Mirza

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @mirza,

I would advise applying two coats of Taubmans 3 In 1 Interior And Exterior Primer Undercoat Sealer. MDF absorbs paint very quickly and the two layers of undercoat will prevent this. You can then apply your paint and I would suggest Dulux Aquanamel.

You should find this step-by-step tutorial helpful: How to paint like a professional by @Peggers.

Please let me know if you need further information or had questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects