Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Painting the perfect play space

5TAC3Y
Just Starting Out

Painting the perfect play space

I really wanted to turn a small, unused, walk-through living space in our new home into a fun play area for our kids.

I started by cleaning the surfaces. Then, working from the top down, I used masking tape around the ceiling and painted it white.

Next, I did the same with the door's, this time using white gloss paint.

Finally, it was time to get to the fun stuff. I started by protecting the freshly painted ceiling edges with masking tape and painted the top 3/4 of the walls light blue.

Once that was dry, I marked the mountain pattern out roughly in pencil.

I used masking tape to outline a stencil for the lilac section and painted it. Once it was dry I then repeated the same process for the dark purple mountains. 

I finished off the space by cutting and laying artificial grass to fit. I chose this flooring as it was a cost effective way flooring that matched the look I wanted and was hard enough wearing for a play room.

I'm really happy with how it turned out and the kids love their new space.

20220725_160609.jpg

image7.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: painting the perfect play space

Hello @5TAC3Y

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's a pleasure having you join us, and thank you for sharing your play space project.

Your play space transformation is wonderful, all the elements to stimulate young minds are present. The toys and colourful walls are a visual treat, plus the artificial grass you get the added bonus of texture. You've certainly planned this out really well and I'm sure your kids will spend many hours hanging out in their playroom.

Again, thank you for sharing your perfect play space project.  

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects