Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Panelled wall

sianlouise
Building a Reputation

Panelled wall

Tired of seeing evidence of a little boy  living within these walls for years , l decided what better way to bring in his teenage years than to give him a new room that should see him into adulthood.

l had seen panelling examples & thought with Bunnings FJ panels l could definitely give this a go . I drew up my design on paper & on the wall . Measured every length of timber & angle and for the first time ,l learnt to cut , glue and apply every piece. It all came together when l painted it with Dulux paint . The difference it made for such an affordable price was fantastic. I have since done three more rooms in different designs . 

199E6CC1-405D-4347-B0C8-A9D288115EBD.jpeg

15836DDC-6659-4F5A-BF68-F5099F115666.jpeg

C1B50F8E-3FA7-49B8-8ECE-E820388171B5.jpeg

618B672D-0243-4B54-B7DD-2CFD58E0EFFB.jpeg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Panelled Wall

Hello @sianlouise

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's fabulous to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your panelled wall project.

Congratulations on this fantastic effort. The paint and the timber patterns have really made a difference in the overall look of the wall. I'm quite sure it has had a positive effect on the look of the room as well. I take it the teenage boy is very happy with the change in his room? What size of timber did you use for the pattern on the wall? Did you just assemble it on your days off or did you do it in one go? 

If you have any other tips or information you can share with our members, it would be highly appreciated.  

We look forward to seeing your next project.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
sianlouise
Building a Reputation

Re: Panelled Wall

Thankyou Eric 

yes my son absolutely loved it , as did my second son who has since had his wall transformed also.

The project took a week or so with the time being put mostly into the design & transfer of the design to the wall . To get the angles correct & the measurements for cutting spot on . I measured twice so l could cut once . I used Bunnings primed finger jointed pine 42 x11mm in lengths of 2.7 . I learnt after my first wall that by drawing it on the wall and adding measurements together l could use off cuts .. rather than buying  full lengths for every line and having a lot left over . 

EFB53FEF-10F6-44BB-9F17-8ABE83F20692.jpeg

KatieC
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: Panelled wall

Hi @sianlouise,

It is wonderful to have you join the Workshop community, thank you for sharing your wall transformation project with us it is beautiful! Which Dulux paint colour did you go with? Are the two rooms different colours?

Katie

sianlouise
Building a Reputation

Yes the two rooms are different colors , the first is Dulux Flooded Gum  the second was a mix l made using Dulux  Silver Teaset  as a base color . I like to mix my own colors & if l need to get more l take a sample back to Bunnings & have a color match done .. 

KatieC
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Thank you for sharing @sianlouise, very cool that you enjoy creating your own new colours as well!

Katie

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects