Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Poll: Do you have a television in the bedroom?

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Poll: Do you have a television in the bedroom?

b5a44c3b55d14facb7602fc21af4a386.jfifPlease forgive the intrusion into your private bedroom habits, but the latest Workshop poll is keen to hear whether you have a television in the bedroom.

Some might say a television in the bedroom is the ultimate way to relax and unwind, and it's wonderful to catch up on your favourite programs while snuggling under the doona.

But others might argue that bedrooms should be peaceful sanctuaries that are free from electrical devices and anything else that might interrupt a good night's sleep.

Do you have a television in the bedroom?

Please vote in our poll on the front page of Workshop and feel free to explain the reasons why in the conversation below.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Andy_Mann
Former Community Member

Re: Poll: Do you have a television in the bedroom?

@Jason, it's 50/50 here, Tania has one in her bedroom, which was once our bedroom, well that was until my snoring got too much. I'm not complaning, my bedroom's for sleeping, & I'm really good at it, so a TV would be a waste.

I'm banned from watching TV in her bedroom, 'cos I can't shut up when watching live TV, & in any case, she channel hops, so it's a mutual agreement, rather than a stand off. :wink:

The next paragraph is tongue in cheek:

Following best family pracises, I get to watch pre-recorded PVR files (did I mention that I hate watching live TV?) on the massive TV, in our massive loungeroom, on a massive & sumptuous leather lounge, while streaming the audio directly to my massive hearing aids (can't justify paying for something that noone can see), ragged to the hilt in my massive thermal-wear collection, & free to flush my system with anti-freeze (better known as beer).

Woweeee, I must be the ultimate problem solver. :cheeky:

Hi, I must agree with Andy_Mann that the bedroom is a place of peace and tranquillity when one hopefully can get a good nights sleep.
We tried a telly in the bedroom years ago before the remote controls and timers were around but went to sleep and the telly stayed on. Yes, you probably guessed the result; sometime during the night you would wake up and find the telly still going so really it was it that woke you up.
I found that I would fall asleep not long after it was turned on, so really it was better value than a sleeping pill.
The telly has now been long gone from our bedroom. It wasn't there for more than a week and we don't miss it.
I guess I would have to answer the poll with a NO.

🍻bergs
Be happy and care for your tools
Andy_Mann
Former Community Member

Aah,@bergs I remember those pre-remote days well, our first VCR was a Sony BetaMax, & in those days (or around that era) a corded remote cost $100. Yep, you saw that right folks, $100 for a corded/wired remote controller. :shocked:

No TV in the bedroom, not the right energy IMO. We don't watch too much TV and when we do we just do it in the lounge. In saying that we might watch a quick episode on the lappy in bed.
----------
Handy and helpful
Instagram @projectpete.diy @at.home.rosehill @kayudesignco @aspirebamboo
Andy_Mann
Former Community Member

@ProjectPete, respect mate, it's hard to beat a good episode of laptop dancing. :wink:

Deanna
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

No TV's in any of the bedrooms at my place either - as others have mentioned if i want to watch something in bed, I have a tablet or a laptop to choose from.
Andy_Mann
Former Community Member

Just had a brainwave, with a flood of wishful thinking, so I ask, would any virtual reality device restore me to being my former self? :crazy: :wink:

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

The Workshop community is evenly split on the question of whether television is a welcome presence in the bedroom.

Here are the final results of this week's poll.

TVpoll.png

Feel free to keep the discussion going and thanks again for joining in the conversation on Workshop.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
aviaussie
Finding My Feet

Well Bedroom is a very personal zone.

I believe to have a TV into this zone is not a luxury it’s a necessity. A perfect gadget for those private cozy and sometimes lazy moments. When you can have your personal body grooming Electric kit then why can’t a television. Off course when the price difference between the  two either it’s very minimal or no.

I do agree bedrooms are for sleeping 💤, but sometimes it’s your private zone too when you have a bigger house 🏠 and distance between the rooms are noticeable you need such add-ons’.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects