Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Refinished console table

codesmaree
Getting Established

Refinished console table

368EC0FC-B5FF-4929-90B1-B831373309A3.jpeg

Timber Console table. Sanded, sealed with sanding sealer, stained with liming white and sealed with Matt Varnish. 

6802EA2B-AD61-47C0-92D1-3A0E9536E962.jpeg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Refinished console table

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @codesmaree. It's amazing to have you join us, and many thanks for sharing your project.

What a lovely upcycling project! You've given new life to an aging piece, and I trust it will have pride of place in your home. I'm a massive fan of the liming white you applied; it now looks much fresher. Did you run into any difficulties along the way?

Great work, and I can't wait to check out your next project.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: Refinished console table

Hi Mitchell. The liming white can be hard to use. This particular piece was made out of a timber (not sure what kind) that absorbed the liming white quite evenly. I also applied a layer of sanding sealer first as per the instructions on the liming white Tin. This would definitely be beneficial for any timber that has not been previously prepped. I rubbed in the liming white like a normal stain. However on hardwood for example, I use the wipe on, wipe off method. 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects