Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Removable options for hanging pictures on brick

Jackie
Just Starting Out

Removable options for hanging pictures on brick

Any suggestions for what to use to hang painting on a paited brick wall, and be able to remove the hooks/tape without damage

ProjectPete
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: Removable options for hanging pictures on brick

Hey @Jackie, Bunnings has a lot of options in the 3M range. I've only ever used them once on a painted plaster wall and it pulled the paint so I haven't bothered since. In saying that I know of other people that've used them without issue.

I'd just say, be prepared to have to touch up the paint after removing it as you may be unlucky like I was.

----------
Handy and helpful
Instagram @projectpete.diy @at.home.rosehill @kayudesignco @aspirebamboo
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Jackie,

Many thanks for joining the Workshop community. Great to see you make your first post and receive a very prompt reply from one of our leading members in Pete. Please feel free to post anytime you need a hand - we have loads of helpful members sharing advice and inspiration every day. 

Please let me know if you ever need help getting the most from the site, or have any feedback about how we can improve Workshop for you.

Thanks again,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MartyH
Amassing an Audience

Guess it depends on the weight of the painting @Jackie. How big and heavy is it? Are you concerned about damage because you're in a rental property? 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects