Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Removed wall-mounted air conditioner wall reinstated in bedroom

JoeAzza
Kind of a Big Deal

Removed wall-mounted air conditioner wall reinstated in bedroom

I'm in the process of painting a bedroom, I decided to remove an existing wall mounted air conditioner and eventually replace it with a split system, once the air conditioner was removed, I had to repair the plaster wall and replace the the opening on the outside, where I had to replace the weatherboards, I decided to replace full lengths of weatherboards  instead of patching the aircon hole.

See photos below.

I was on my own whilst doing the installation of the weatherboards, as we are currently still in lockdown so I couldn't get any help to assist to install the boards, so I came up with these weatherboard supports I made up, which worked really good and very useful when installing long weatherboards on your own. I know you can buy manufactured ones, however, I don't do this as a full time job, so I made my own version, I have since made another version, see images below. A1 .JPGA2 .JPGA3 .JPGA4 .JPGA5.JPGA6.JPGA7.JPGA8.JPGA9.JPGA10.JPGA11.JPGA12.JPGA13.JPGA14.JPGA15.JPGA16.JPGA17.JPG

A18.JPG

Weatherboard support fixture/tool Version One

A19.JPGA20.JPGA21.JPG

Weatherboard installation tool Version Two

IMG_0617.JPGIMG_0619.JPGIMG_0620.JPGIMG_0621.JPGIMG_0622.JPGIMG_0623.JPGIMG_0627.JPGIMG_0628.JPGIMG_0629.JPGIMG_0630.JPGIMG_0631.JPGIMG_0632.JPGIMG_0633.JPGIMG_0634.JPGIMG_0635.JPG

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Removed wall mounted air conditioner wall reinstated in bedroom

Hi @JoeAzza

Thank you so much for posting the photos. What a fantastic D.I.Y. device. It's like having an extra set of hands to hold that weatherboard for you at the other end. Is it held in place by the bottom clamp? Is the velcro strip just to protect the timber at the top from the adjustable bolt? I'm sure our members are keen to know how it works. Any information you can share about your device would be much appreciated. 

Again, thank you for sharing such a handy device.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
JoeAzza
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: Removed wall mounted air conditioner wall reinstated in bedroom

Thank you .@EricL, yes the top screw holds it in place, also it's not velcro, I used plastic cut out from a a milk bottle, I used it to protect the weatherboard from damage when tightening the screw.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects