Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Side tables makeover: From trash to Hamptons treasure

daniknight4
Becoming a Leader

Side tables makeover: From trash to Hamptons treasure

I thought I would share a little makeover I did on Kmart side tables that my son gave me as he was moving and didn't have room for them. They were nice when they were new and were still in pretty good condition, but I just didn't like the colour and they were definitely a little bit outdated. I wasn't sure what I could do with them as they were metal and laminate and not your average nice wood style piece of furniture to makeover. I googled some ideas and saw a Hamptons side table for $499 - so expensive and that was just for one side table! - which gave me the inspiration to upcycle what I had into Hamptons side tables. 

The most challenging part of the project were the cross bars because I've never really cut or worked with wood or put anything together, I've just painted and upcycled things aesthetically, but I thought I would have a go anyway. My hubby cut the strips for me, but I measured and put it altogether and I love them, the little tables look so nice and Hamptons I think? The best part was it cost only around $10 for each table >> https://youtu.be/XnC07Rkoelk 

16.JPG 1a.png1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

6.png

9.png

11.png

14.png

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: DIY Hamptons Trash to Treasure Makeover

Lovely makeover, @daniknight4. Such a fresh new look! I absolutely love them, especially since I'm not a great fan of that laminate timber, although it has come a long way over the last ten years.

You got me laughing with the "It's like Play-doh". You're right; timber putty is just like Play-doh for adults! 🤣 

Many thanks for sharing.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
daniknight4
Becoming a Leader

Thank you @MitchellMcI think the timber putty was my favourite part😁

Looks great @daniknight4. Many thanks for sharing such detail on your projects so that other community members can replicate your terrific handiwork. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects