Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Tea light candle holders

GeoffB
Having an Impact

Tea light candle holders

can1.pngcan2.png

These photos are some of the tea light candle holders that I have made for family and friends and to sell.

This some thing I do with my wife, she also sells them with football team colours on request.

Just a bit of fun for both of us.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Tea light candle holders

They look great @GeoffB!

I'm sure any of our members that would like to attempt your project would appreciate any advice you could offer. What type of timber do you make them from, and are there any special tools or equipment needed in their construction?

Many thanks for sharing.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

These tea light candle holders are made of recycled cypress pine.

In the photo below showing the holders edge on you can see the larger one is solid timber while the smaller is two bits of timber laminated together.

They can be made from any type of timber. They can be made with basic tools and a forstner drill bit (42mm) to drill the flat bottom holes for the tea light candle.

IMG_1569.JPG 

redracer01
Kind of a Big Deal

Hello @GeoffB 

These are just lovely! It's great that you and your wife have a shared passion for diy. These tea light holders are a treat! I will definitely have a go at these when time permits. I'm curious as well as to how you drilled the holes as inquired by @MitchellMc. If you can share some tips on materials and process that would be wonderful, plus it would make a great diy project for the whole family. 

Cheers, 

Red

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Hi Red,

for some reason there are two entries on the tea light candle holders. I did add some more information on the other entry.

I used a 42mm forstner bit to drill the flat bottom hole for the candles. the bit is the exact size for the candles to fit nice and snug.

I do drill mine out on the drill press but you can also used a cordless drill which is what i did on my first prototype. 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects