Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Upcycled Pine display units

Grahamp
Finding My Feet

Upcycled Pine display units

2F92AA3E-0C72-463E-8808-CC02460E5642.jpeg

We originally had 2 IKEA small display units see photo, these were old and falling to bits. I decided to look around for 2 bigger old pine display units which I eventually found on a market place site. I pulled them to pieces, sanded and re-glued and clamped them.

Unfortunately the bottom 4 door frames were warped and I bought some pine timber from local Bunnings at Reynella SA and remade those doors. After stripping all hinges, lead light glass, screws and catches I sanded again and filled Etc. I purchased a tinted paint Taubmans Bungalow Green in a low sheen. This was applied to all timber surfaces 3 coats i then reassembled all fittings, glass, shelves, doors. I removed the old units and installed my project units. I added some low voltage led internal lights, I then handed it over to my wife to display her treasures, as she has always wanted to do. This was a 6 day project with a total cost of $200 including purchase of the units, on market place and paint, sandpaper’s everything else was salvaged from units for reuse. It looks beautiful in our family. This has been a very satisfying project. 

1A06F5FA-72C2-4460-886C-61F928A8952F.jpeg

5FC9831D-8E91-4DC5-AC08-9AD143F2ADF8.jpeg

D09E129E-ECDE-4240-A37A-BAC9918D4EF4.jpeg

D7CFF39F-7015-4617-BA0E-279F44E05955.jpeg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Upcycled Pine display units

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Grahamp. It's great to have you join us, and many thanks for sharing this amazing project.

What a wonderful way to achieve the look you're going for. You did a splendid job on repairing those doors; they look like they came that way from the factory. Love the colour you've chosen as well. 

It's so great to see older furniture repurposed in this fashion. Well done.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects