Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Ute bookshelf

prettyliving
Amassing an Audience

Ute bookshelf

0D9B8746-C73F-4F41-9E1C-EDF426EDB19F.jpeg

7B5C2193-E318-43EF-BE9A-0AF93488C62A.jpeg

4C9BFEA8-2CC6-46C1-89FD-A6348CEB8AB4.jpeg

This past week I’ve been working on a ‘ute’ bookshelf for my son. I used pine boards from Bunnings which I stained with black paint and water. For the door I used grey paint & water, like a wash effect with a rag. The lights are also from Bunnings, everything was from Bunnings. :smile:

Took me about a week to make :smile:

Re: Bunnings Ute Bookshelf

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @lmorales41.

It's great to have you join us. Let me mention @prettyliving so she is alerted to you kind feedback and to see if she has some images of the construction. Were you interested in building something like this? It would be great to follow along with the process and we would encourage you to let us know if you need some assistance or would like to share. I trust you'll find loads of inspiration on Workshop from our very talented members for all your projects around the home and garden.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks for the tag @MitchellMc 👍🏻Hi @lmorales41 if you scroll up through the previous comments on this thread you’ll find a few in-process pics that I added. 😊 Feel free to ask any questions about it 👍🏻 
I also wrote a tutorial on it a few months back, I’ll add the link below 😊

https://www.hometalk.com/44251422/the-truck-ute-bookshelf 

Gilly1
Cultivating a Following

This is so lovely I'm going to make one for my grandson's

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Glad to see you have been inspired by Jessica's wonderful project @Gilly1. We are looking forward to seeing what you can create for your grandson. Please let us know if you need a hand with anything. 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. We trust that you'll get plenty of helpful advice, information and inspiration from our clever and creative community members. Please don't hesitate to post anytime you need assistance or have something to share with other members.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
prettyliving
Amassing an Audience

@Gilly1 Thank you!

Awesome, he will love it 😁

Gilly1
Cultivating a Following

Thank you Jason ☺️

MarcL
Having an Impact

Re: Ute bookshelf

So creative, looks amazing! I love the finished look of that wood. 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects