Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Wall-mounted floorboards

dan74
Getting Established

Wall-mounted floorboards

73C0971D-BC0D-4201-8240-674FC3D1ACC9.jpeg

What started out as a bed head project fro the bedroom turned into a whole wall over the weekend

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: wall mounted floor boards

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @dan74. It's terrific to have you join us, and many thanks for sharing your project.

That's undoubtedly an impressive use of floating flooring! Did you have any difficulty installing it onto a vertical surface, and how did you get it to stay in place? I love the look you've achieved, and I trust many of our members will be viewing floating flooring in a different light now—so many possibilities.

I'm keen to hear more about your project and see what else you contribute to the community.

Well done.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
dan74
Getting Established

Thanks Mitchell

the flooring is mounted to 9mm structural plywood which is fastened to the brick wall. Cut the ply to size (4 and a quarter boards)

countersunk masonry wall anchors to mount to wall. Starting at top left side nailed the boards to the wall using a mini nail/framing gun using 13mm long braids. Clicking in the next piece and securing with braids once done it was finished of with pine trim 23mm right angle trim to hide the edges. The flooring is the 7mm Harwood non foam back platinum oak.

dan74
Getting Established

This is the original bed head inspiration that started it.This is the original bed head inspiration that started it.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @dan74 

Thanks for posting that update, the headboard looks awesome. I take it that you had some leftover panels and did not want to waste the pack of flooring? Hence one project led to another. Will you be painting the timber trim black in your TV area as well or will you be leaving it in its natural timber colour? 

Again, thanks for the update, we look forward to seeing your next project.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
dan74
Getting Established

Thanks Eric

i will be staining the trim like I did for the headboard but not sure how it will turn out as the headboard trim was tassie oak as Bunnings ran out of pine. Stain is Black Japan two coats with satin gloss. Kinda wish I had used the tassie oak instead of pine as the wood grain is effect is so much better

dan74
Getting Established

We were about to start building a new house and started to get bits and pieces for it. The flooring was on special at the time so we bought enough packs to do a couple of rooms. The build fell over (price of bricks and laying them) so found another use for them

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects