Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

drawer pulls

Tinyfeather60
Growing in Experience

drawer pulls

Hi everyone hope everyone is safe and well I’m going to make my own moulds out of silicone for drawer handles made from resin what I want to know is where do I get the little do bee that’s in the drawer knob that the screw goes into 

r23on
Amassing an Audience

Re: drawer pulls

If you are referring to the threaded component in the knob its self. you would need to look at someone like micro fasteners for 3mm thread inserts or you could look at drilling the hole and using self taping screws. There is another method but its costly and you need to know what you doing

So is what you mean by little do bee's?

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: drawer pulls

Hi @Tinyfeather60,

It's great to see you've already received a helpful reply from @r23on.

I'm not aware of a specific product for that purpose in our range. However, I have found the Kincrome M4 20 Piece Rivnut Set which could be set into your drawer pulls when casting. Alternatively, you could cast the drawer pull and then drill a hole in the back once it has set. You can then glue the insert in with Araldite epoxy glue.

This insert with accept Taskmaster M4x 50mm Zinc Snap Off Screw - 50 Pack and allow you to screw your pulls onto the drawer.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects