Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Antipasto or charcuterie boards

Madmoggy
Having an Impact

Antipasto or charcuterie boards

The perfect way to serve those little titbits to your friends over summer inside or out.

I’ve used untreated pine boards from Bunnings and in particular Seles finger jointed 450 and 600 mm wide pine panels.

these give great choice for drawing a shape you like. I’ve cut out shark (sharkcuterie after all) 😀 a penguin and sea horse, and a rabbit as well as octagon, circles and triangle shapes. Generally 300 diameter 350 and 400 are popular.

I sand them with a range of grits 120/180/finishing with 240 grit. I’ve made some with square cut edges. Shapes are cut out with a Ryobi jigsaw using a fine wood cutting blade and sanded around the details with a Ryobi multi tool.

some I have routered the edges for added finish using a Ryobi trim router.

689D98A9-E04B-465C-8BE6-A1CC3E7A8AC4.jpeg8DAC1DF1-DB08-4EFF-AC11-B1AAB5128A6F.jpeg6327BE3A-F957-4662-AD72-7ECF733C2F26.jpeg7ADDC1B9-3F40-4D19-A9EC-FDC2B1159459.jpegE5CAC978-70EA-451D-84BD-2104CEAF6D28.jpeg36E8D59B-5AD5-4617-B39D-10E8C88B5E1D.jpeg

happy to answer any queries and help you get started these do sell if you want to make a few bucks.

I finish these with food safe bench oil available from Bunnings 

KatieC
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: antipasto or charcuterie boards

Wow @Madmoggy these are gorgeous!

I do enjoy your sharkcuterie board the most :wink: 

You are really talented at using your jigsaw.

Do you have any tips for someone who is starting out? 

Are you happy with your Ryobi?

Katie

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks Katy just an old grand dad trying to keep myself busy between times. I love the Ryobi gear but find it frustrating* as do other users by comments on gear I read about on the Bunnings nz web page that often the blades and discs sandpaper etc are not stocked to go with the gear. I’ve wanted to get 150 mm adhesive backed sandpaper for my bench sander and they’re not stocked. I was looking to buy a cutoff off saw but saw a guy who had bought one could get the discs to fit it.

Probably a nz problem why don’t you aussies do a PUTIN and take us over ? ❤️ 

KatieC
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi @Madmoggy

A suggestion we would like to give is whenever anyone is finding that stock is running low or completely out of what you need at your local Bunnings, to go to the special orders desk and order it as a special order.

The other option is to check other stores in the area and do an electronic transfer of stock at the customer service desk.

However, worst case scenario is that there is none in the country and it is part of the world wide shortage of materials.  

Hope this was helpful!

Katie

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects