Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Bamboo fence panel for extra privacy

Shannon
Making a Splash

image.jpeg

Re: Bamboo panel ( extra privacy ) little Bali ,rose mohogany stain ,chain link feature

Hi Team

much appreciated for your support. 

look at my the end result. 

E880D6DB-24CF-4063-AAB3-702C843DA92D.jpeg

B68D59DB-33D9-4AAD-9522-13DD2776A7F3.jpeg

9E6E2EEC-1186-4490-A9FB-A8FFC5C17602.jpeg

Re: Bamboo panel ( extra privacy ) little Bali ,rose mohogany stain ,chain link feature

That looks fantastic @mohsinbhatti55 and really compliments the timber cabinetry in your kitchen. What a lovely view you have now. Were you planning on adding any other Bali-esque features? Perhaps a water feature or a couple of rattan seats and a coffee table? Maybe even some bamboo in a pot? @Adam_W recently posted a step-by-step article on How to create a pond in a pot. That could make a neat addition.

Many thanks for sharing, as I'm sure your project will inspire others to give this a go themselves.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
nick626
Finding My Feet

This looks great firstly. I’ve been wanting to try this on my front fence for a while but all the bamboo panels I have found cost upwards of $90 per 90cm panel. Add on the fixtures to mount it and the stain or sealant and I was looking at well over $1000 to cover the 10m area I wanted to do. Just curious if you found cheaper options for your project or is that the only option available?

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Bamboo fence panel for extra privacy

Hello @nick626 

Thanks for sharing your question about putting up a bamboo fence panel on your existing fence. I suggest having a look at using Eden 1.8 x 2.0m Java Reed Screen Fencing and EDEN 1.8 x 3m Bamboo PVC Garden Screen Fencing With Capping as possible alternatives to bamboo. These have longer lengths and would be more cost effective. If mounted neatly can properly cover your current fence.

Here is a link for ideas and inspiration: Top 10 most popular fence projects.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects