Workshop
Start a discussion

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Creating a complete outdoor BBQ space

Banksy
New Contributor

Re: Creating a complete outdoor BBQ space

Love the door handles (spoons from Mum's kitchen )   am a little worred about the overhead Uv shade .. Is it fireproof  ?  

I'm guessing gas BBQs don't throw off sparks. 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Banksy. It's fantastic to have you join us and many thanks for jumping into the discussion.

Let me mention @sandy_d so they are alerted to your kind comment about their project.

Do you have any projects or plans for around your home and garden? We'd encourage you to share them with us or reach out if you ever need assistance. I trust you'll find loads of inspirational projects to complete within the community which our amazing member contribute daily.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
sandy_d
Junior Contributor

@Banksy @I guess I never really considered sparks, it’s not something I’ve seen but anything is possible. I could always retract the blind when the BBQ is in use to prevent danger. Thank you, it’s always good to be safe than sorry 😊

Old-gal24
Super Contributor

This is just awesome @sandy_d   I love recycled items... and the icing on the cake the handles... Just love them...   I've used older cutlery for a few projects in the past... Knives forks and spoons.. 

Thank you for sharing, it gives so many folks myself included, inspiration to get in and make other things out of old pallets... etc..

This old gal.

sandy_d
Junior Contributor

Thank you so so much @Old-gal24 @I love using bits I have around the house and pallets, it gives it a little more character :smile: 

Old-gal24
Super Contributor

Yes it does.  I also love pottering around making things for my home...  it's self rewarding for sure. :smile:

Bev2
New Contributor

Looks great !

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Bev2. It's fantastic to have you join us, and many thanks for jumping into the discussion.

Let me mention @sandy_d, so they are alerted to your kind comment about their project.

Would you like to build something similar to this yourself? I trust our community members would be full of helpful advice and encouragement.

We look forward to hearing all about your projects and plans around the house and garden. Please let us know if we can ever be of assistance or if you have something to share. You'll find loads more inspirational projects within the community just like this one, as our members contribute their handiwork every day.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
sandy_d
Junior Contributor

Thank you :smile: @Bev2 

RDBuild
Budding Contributor

This was your first build, wow, so creative and amazing.  Job well done I say and hope you enjoy many wonderful times there whilst cherishing your Mum's memories.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects