Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

DIY seating

diy_hausdesigns
Amassing an Audience

DIY seating

Wishing you all a wonderful festive season ☺️

Cheers for all the support and sharing all your amazing projects. Always remember, anything worth doing is worth DIY'n !

After

IMG_20201212_215725_288.jpg

Before

20200220_172451.jpg

Cheers all!

----
Yours Kindly. For more, please follow @diy_hausdesigns
MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: DIY Seating

Hi @Chaks_DIY,

That's another amazing addition to your backyard you've made there. I love the extra detail of the sunken section you've included.

Many thanks for sharing your inspirational projects. We look forward to seeing what you'll get up to next.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: DIY Seating

Thanks @MitchellMc 

Good spot! My wife insisted we needed somewhere for the drinks, so I worked in something the 'elevate' the middle section and varied the pattern for some visual interest.

----
Itai
Becoming a Leader

Re: DIY seating

@diy_hausdesigns 

Looks amazing! 

And during build pics?

I want to build something similar, but not just for seating, but to cover aircon boxes and potentially storage ... and they'll be 10m long!

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Itai,

I believe these are the seating box versions from @Chaks_DIY's Seating / Planter box discussion. Within it, there are some construction images. Chaks_DIY might need to fill us in on how they created the elevated middle section, as I didn't see that covered in the other discussion.

We look forward to hearing more about your project and please let us know if you need assistance.

Mitchell

@Itai and @MitchellMc 

Thanks Itai. As Mitchell advised the progress pics are part of an older project of mine. Feel free to have a look. 

Here's a snap of the final alterations I made to the mid section.

20201214_135832.jpg

----
davos
Just Starting Out

Hi there, I love the bench seat. It is exactly what we want to have in our courtyard. I am new to this forum today and was wondering if this is your own build or is there step-by-step instructions or a tutorial on the bunning site for this. I would love to make this but not very imagiative.

Dave 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @davos. It's terrific that you've joined us and many thanks for jumping into the discussion.

Let me mention @diy_hausdesigns, so they are alerted to your kind comments about their project. There are more assembly pictures which you would find helpful in the discussion Seating / Planter box.

Here's a step-by-step guide which you should also find useful: How To Make A D.I.Y. Outdoor Storage Bench Seat.

We look forward to hearing all about your projects around the house and garden, and we'd encourage you to let us know if you ever need assistance or have something to share. I trust you'll find loads of inspiration within the community as our amazing members contribute their ideas here all the time.

Mitchell

VegaNano
Growing in Experience

Great use of a small space but I just wonder about the Sun's Heat on concrete & stones if it would absorb & radiate back to Sitters like a bar heater-?

@davos 

Welcome to the community and thank you for your kind comments. As @MitchellMc mentioned above, there is a link to some photos of the process. I hope those help and I'm always happy to help where possible. 

Enjoy your adventures !

Cheers 

----

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects