Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Dog kennel

HyacinthBucket
Cultivating a Following

Dog kennel

Kennel.jpgMeet Edward

He loves his new home.

Measures 3 by 3 mts so plenty of room.

Its my first slab so not everything went to plan. There is a slight dip in the middle so water is building up when it rains. I will use a angle grinder to carve out a little channel so the water can run out.

Took me about 4 days, 2 days digging out by hand, back ache and buckets. About a day prepping the slab ready for the pour. Then a day for the pour, mixing about 3 tons of concreate.

The Ozito cement mixer is gold, fully loaded it and pushed it to the limit and it performed 100%. I thought being the cheapest it will do for a one off job, well, this thing is a beast, will now use it to mix for fencing posts etc. Defo worth buying this beast.

1.jpgEdward supervisingEdward supervising3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg7.jpg8.jpg9.jpg10.jpg

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Dog kennel

Well done @HyacinthBucket and thanks for sharing. Edward is absolutely adorable and lucky to have such a terrific new home. We will feature this project on our Gallery as I'm sure it will inspire other dog owners. 

Thanks again,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Noyade
Kind of a Big Deal

Beautiful dog.

Lovely slab.

Great construction. 👍

And good to learn about the Ozito mixer performing well. I saw it in the store recently - and had doubts.

HyacinthBucket
Cultivating a Following

Update

Painted the concreate slab, this will make it easier to hose down and clean. Also used a grinder to create a drainage channel.

Put gravel and sand drainage ditch in the sides.

20210101_173612.jpg

20210101_173633.jpg

20210101_173652.jpg

20210101_181045.jpg

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects