Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Fence extension ideas

amykat86
Finding My Feet

Fence extension ideas

F6406183-F22D-4E4D-AD48-52C17CB47EE2.jpeg

Hi! First time poster. Can anyone please offer any suggestions on the best way to extend this Colorbond fence? We overlook a school car park so would like a bit more privacy. Is it best to attach something straight to the fence or have the poles concreted into the ground? Thanks!

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Fence extension ideas

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @amykat86. It's great to have you join us and many thanks for your question.

You appear to have 340mm fence extensions currently installed. There are 600mm fence extensions and I would be happy to call our supplier on Monday to check on availability. Would changing the 340mm to 600mm be enough of an extension? You would gain 260mm over the current height.

Alternatively, you could install Matrix panels with their frame kit directly to the fence. This would allow you to decide how much you increased the height of the fence.

You might also be interested in reading through these previous discussions:

Let me also mention the helpful members @Bundaboy, @Stuardo, @JDE, @Kermit and @diy_hausdesigns to see if they have some suggestions.

Please let me know if you need further information or had questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks Mitchell for your quick reply! I should have mentioned that we are on a strata plan so can’t remove the current fence extensions, so whatever we do will need to be in addition to what’s already there. I will read through the posts you suggested :smile:

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Let me also tag the wonderful @ProjectPete who has a lot of experience with fence extensions.

Any thoughts on what @amykat86 could do, Pete?

Jason

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @amykat86

Many thanks for the additional information on not being able to remove the current fence extension. In regards to my previous comment, I have contacted our supplier and unfortunately, they do not have access to any 600mm extensions. However, it sounds like that wasn't an option you could go with.

@ProjectPete might be able to advise us whether you could add an additional 300mm fence extension on top of the current one. Perhaps if you used the same lattice style the strata plan would allow it.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects