Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Fixing a Hosereel to an exterior Hebel Wall

FrankODea
Finding My Feet

Fixing a Hosereel to an exterior Hebel Wall

I have a POPE Auto Wind Hose Reel with 20 m of hose to affix to an exterior wall of my house.

The "fixing plate" has 4 holes and I have been supplied with 4 x 12mm wall plug and screws.

I need advice on (1) whats size hole I need to drill in wall (it has been suggested I should drill a slightly smaller diameter hole for the plug.

and should i yes ant sealant or glue

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Fixing a Hosereel to an exterior Hebel Wall

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @FrankODea. It's fantastic to have you join us, and many thanks for your question.

It would be best if you used a Kango 12 x 150mm Straight Shank Masonry Bit for the 12mm wall plug hole. I'd suggest using a slightly smaller bit for the hole as when drilling into aerated concrete the hole can tend to end up oversized. However, the next size down masonry drill bit is 10mm and likely too small for the 12mm plug. You'll want to operate your drill in a non-hammer mode for Hebel block walls.

I would suggest applying some Selleys 420g Liquid Nails Fast Grab Strong Adhesive to the wall plug before inserting them if the hole appears to be slightly oversized. Wait for the adhesive to cure before tightening the screws for the bracket. Do not over-tighten the screws; simply do them up until they are snug.

Please let me know if you need further assistance or had other questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
FrankODea
Finding My Feet

Re: Fixing a Hosereel to an exterior Hebel Wall

Thank you Mitchell

I completed the job following your instructions.

All worked fine; the Hose Reel seems to be firmly fixed to the wall

Thank you again

Regards

Frank

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects